Working from home has given me a lot of free time to focus on total wellness. I’ve been lucky enough to try various diets, exercise fads and supplements. I want to share with you my top 10 things that have impacted my life positively.
“10 Steps to Total Wellness”
1) Get up (relatively) early. Getting up early is crucial for getting things done. The early bird gets the worm!
2) Workout Routine : A routine is something you do on a regular basis, right? Don’t skip just because you don’t feel like it. Can’t cut corners in life, and everything has a price! I start with a quick session of yoga first thing in the morning. I use a yoga app called Yoga Studio on my iPad. Then I try to workout at least 4-5 times/week, including one Pilates class. I mix in swimming and tennis to keep things interesting. *Playing sports has so many benefits!
3) Cook at home! I get my produce from the local farmers market. It takes some planning, but the weekly shopping does the trick. I don’t focus on losing weight but rather using the best, healthy ingredients and making things from scratch. I limit using packaged foods, and I’ve recently ventured into baking with healthy alternative options like quinoa, coconut flour. (I’ll soon share my cookies/muffins recipes). In speaking of coconut, I use coconut oil for almost everything including frying, baking and even skincare.
4) Mental Health : I allow myself at least 5-10 minutes each day for decompression/meditation. You can try for longer, of course. We live in such a hectic world, and it’s for you to shut down your smartphone and get to know yourself a little in a quiet setting.
5) Chiropractic treatments : I’m a huge fan! I get adjusted at least bi-weekly. We take our cars in for regular tune-ups, but why is it so hard to treat our bodies with scheduled alignments? I really don’t want to walk like the hunchback of Notre-Dame when I’m older, seriously!
6) Sauna : It’s known to provide effective detoxing! I get a bucket of crushed ice, and stay in the sauna until I get really hot. Then take a quick, cold shower (to tighten my skin), then go right back in. Repeat at least 3-5 times.
7) Skincare & Supplements : I use Ūth, anti-aging creme, made with natural Glycans to restore my skin at the cellular level. It’s even made my sunspots disappear. Also, you’ve got to nourish your body from the inside. Please refer to my previous posts on the importance of choosing the right supplements such as glyconutrients. You can find these products here —> www.MannaMotion.com/allisonbaek or click on Shop.
8) Kind deeds : “We only have what we give.” by Isabel Allende. Enough said!
9) Pets : I have two dogs, and they give me so much joy!!! Any pet-owner would agree that your pet will give back way more than you ever imagined. Please visit local animal shelters, and bring home a furry bundle of JOY (or bundles of joy)! Indeed, this is also a good deed.
10) Using empowering and positive words! Words have so much power, and you can do more research on this if you don’t already know. Happiness is a choice, and choose your words carefully.
*I didn’t include some of the basics like drinking enough water, getting a good night’s sleep, and not drinking alcohol excessively. I figured these were too obvious for you! 😉